Saturday 18 May 2013

True Strength.... Mind over Muscle!


What an exciting week! 

I have to be honest it took me a few days to get over the madness that was kids yoga teacher training but those aches and pains were definitely worth it. It was lovely to see the photos shared from the group, which added to the countess memories of my own.

After an intense weekend filled with fun and laughter I was surprised to find myself a little off on Monday. Now I know that sounds very ‘girly’ but I did! I know what I am doing is the right thing for me, for now, for my future, for my inner curiosity but I think it was after being surrounded by such a lovely group of people for a great training course, in a very intense setting I found I had a bit too much me time on Monday. Which is actually a massive compliment to the group I shared my teacher training with… I missed your warmth, your support and your encouragement.

But I quickly realised that just because you aren’t with someone all the time or because a group isn’t together all the time the feelings and shared moments are not gone. The real challenge is having the strength to trust in what you know and feel in your heart related to a certain individual or group of people. It comes back to that great phrase…’Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened’. So although time moves on and life sometimes takes us on separate paths we are all still very much connected through our experiences and feelings until our paths cross again.

Sometimes you just need to hear the things people are afraid to tell you, you need that person who will say what everyone else is thinking. A very good friend pointed out to me I have had a lot of change in my life recently, most of it I have chosen and some of it has been the result of the choices I have made…. My reaction was the fear or this change, of the unknown. Change can be scary but it can also be exciting. Until I start to see the success, that is currently bouncing around in my head, as a reality… I will question, I will seek to prove and that is just part of me!

So although I can’t answer all of those questions right now, I can be confident in my decisions, in my judgment and my confidence. My strength this week was not challenged or tested through my physical ability but rather through my mind and my commitment to my choices. I did some great yoga classes this week and I felt strong in each one and I mean strong in my poses too. I found the right level for me and I committed to it and enjoyed the challenge of focusing my mind and using my breath. I took it pose by pose not thinking of the next one in the sequence and lived in the moment.

Stay focused
Trust your instincts
Remember who you are
Embrace the challenges
Never give up
Give yourself a chance
Take every leap with confidence
Have happiness at the heart of everything you do

Namaste xx

No comments:

Post a Comment