Thursday 9 May 2013

The Perfect Balance!


Week one of the new journey is going great…. I could definitely get used to this! After a lovely Bank Holiday I woke up on Tuesday morning and felt strangely comfortable. I didn’t feel I should be somewhere else i.e. in the rat race pounding the pavement trying to get a long walk in before settling into my day at the office, I just felt content. 

It is surprising how busy you can be when you are not working…. Ok so I know I am in the honeymoon period. This week was always going to be easy, I have just finished work I have a few days off and it certainly helped that the sun was shining. But I also have that excited giddy feeling that I am on to a good thing here.

So I have enjoyed the freedom and done lots of yoga. As I have a few private classes lined up for next week I wanted to go through some class plans and sequences because the weekend will be taken up with my kids teacher-training course. I was practicing lots of balances and found a whole new connection to each pose…. I found the balance point. As I am finding a lot at the moment my daily routine is often reflected in my yoga practice…. So this week I have a nice balance of me time, yoga time and life planning time J and this absolutely transferred into my balancing poses.

I always thought I had good balance, but where did I get that from? I can roller blade and ice skate and somehow figured this meant I had good balance but I was often frustrated when it came to balancing poses in my yoga practice. I am quite flexible, thanks to my gymnastic days, but often find I can’t quite get the balance I want. My leg shakes and I loose focus or I simply cannot stay still on one leg. I know my body can do it but for some reason I found it difficult to hold these poses… and my desire to push myself left me frustrated and a few close calls of my face going smack into the floor where I didn’t listen to my body as it was totally falling over.

However, this week I found a whole new balance. Without even realizing it I was holding balancing postures and what’s more I was going deeper than I had ever done. I couldn’t get enough of them. I didn’t suddenly discover a new ability to balance but rather stopped overthinking it, as I have done with so many things in my life at the moment. I am in a lovely place where I don’t have to stick to any routine apart from my own. I have things I want and need to do each day but there is no schedule apart from how I feel in the moment.

I have a balance in my day and for the first time in a while I am not on a rollercoaster, which is being controlled by other people…. I am going at my own speed. It’s that lovely aaaahhhh moment when you are doing a balance and you achieve the perfect push and pull resistance and it just works with minimal effort.

My advice is to let your mind open to how you want your day to go and find your perfect balance.

Namaste xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment